Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wow! Took a tour of Voler Factory today!



So, 4 years ago, I called up Voler Team Apparel and told them I was starting this club called TEAM RILEY and said I needed clothing to outfit some people for Malibu Triathlon. Even though I have a past history of designing for T-shirts and silkscreening, I can tell you all that I had NO IDEA how much goes into making our kits. NO WONDER THEY COST SO MUCH! I now am in meetings with Voler, Verge and others to see how we can move forward in producing more kits and more colors (yes the pink is coming I PROMISE) for all of us to purchase. I think the most unbelievable part I saw today was the cutting of the fabric into all the sizes and how it is placed individually by people on a huge piece of paper (all cut into litttttle pieces) to match up with the sublimation (the design) and put through a heater that transfers it onto the fabric... Simply amazing! To see it then get sewn up from a bunch of "scraps" is just mind boggling.

With all of that, next time you are on your bike and check out any kit out there just think about how much work goes into each and every piece. Its quite unbelievable really. Stay tuned to our GEAR page as hopefully soon you will be able to shop online there.

Over and out,
Riles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home